Director of Advanced Learning Associates
Glyn brings extensive experience of working with leaders and managers at senior levels in automobile manufacturing, banking, electronics, food manufacturing, health care, housing associations, local authorities, pharmaceutical distribution and retailing, steel making, petroleum, IT and higher education.
He works intensively as an Executive Coach, and facilitates Leadership and Management Development, Personal Development and Team Development activities.
He bring to his role over 20 years experience, including fifteen as head of training and development departments of a number of large organisations.
Glyn is dedicated to the demonstration of effective leadership as being the key to the success of organisations. He identifies the process of enabling individuals in making the transition from through leadership and management roles as being critical to the success of leaders in organisations. He works extensively with individuals in overcoming barriers and becoming effective leaders.
To add value he uses 360 degree feedback, and is qualified to use psychometric Instruments including MBT Step II, Hogan HP MVPI and HDS, Strengthscope, Gallup StrengthsFinder, TMSDI Linking Skills Profile. He is an experienced Action Learning facilitator.
Glyn is an associate of the Munich Leadership Group, an international consultancy working with large multinational organisations, and the Leadership Foundation of Higher Education for the UK, an organisation dedicated to enhancing the quality of leaders and managers in the sector.
The clients that he has worked with include:
ABN AMRO Bank, Airbus Industries, Bayer, BMW, Celesio, Deutsche Asset Management, EY, Nokia, P&O Nedlloyd, Rohde & Schwarz, and Thyssenkrupp. In the public sector with Alder Hay NHS Foundation Trust, NIHR Clinical Research Network, Sheffield City Council. In the University sector with Bournemouth University, University of Cambridge, University College Dublin, University of Cumbria, University of Edinburgh, University of Hull, Lancaster University, University of Leeds, University of Lincoln, Newcastle University, University of Oxford, Salford University Southampton Solent University and with Universities in India and Saudi Arabia.
Glyn has an MA in Management Learning and a Postgraduate Certificate in Coaching from Lancaster University. He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council. He is an accredited user of MBTI Steps I & II; Hogan HPI, MVPI, and HDS; Fundamental Interpersonal Relationships Orientations – Behaviour (FIRO- B); Strengthscope: StrengthsFinder and TMSDI Linking Skills Profile .
A skilled coach and facilitator enabling successful change for individuals and organisations.
Neil is a highly skilled and experienced coach and an educator and facilitator who specialises in experiential leadership development, personal effectiveness and organisational change.
He has a proven track record of delivering individual and organisational development solutions across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
With a strong industrial background, combined with teaching in Higher Education and private practice as an executive coach and training consultant, Neil brings a robust theoretical and practical understanding of leadership and management to the process of organisational development, which delivers real organisational benefit.
- Executive Coaching
- Coach Supervision & CPD
- Organisational Development
- Culture Change
- Leadership & Talent Development
- Project & Programme Management
- Personal Effectiveness
- Action Learning Facilitation
- Coaching and mentoring executives and senior managers to achieve excellence in
leadership and outstanding board performance in public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
- Expert supervision and continuing professional development for consultants, executive coaches and mentors.
- Bespoke behavioural and skills development workshops for individuals and teams with particular focus on understanding and progressing change, working with: University of Central Lancashire; The Guinness Partnership; Centre for Leadership Performance; Lancashire Constabulary; BAE SYSTEMS.
- Change facilitator using systemic approaches to the identification and implementation of novel solutions to team and organisational problems
- 2005 – Present Lancaster University Management School: Senior Teaching Fellow
- Director of studies for MSc in Project Management and MA in Hospice Leadership
- Designed and delivered bespoke development programmes for senior executive teams in order to facilitate the leadership of strategic change programmes
- Delivered Executive Coaching to senior representatives of key clients
- Designed and delivered Mindful Manager module to develop reflective and mindful approaches to leadership and management practice
- Developed and delivered innovative courses in Project Management, Change Management, Organisational Behaviour and Corporate Strategy on a range of postgraduate programmes and non-accredited corporate training courses, including: Executive MBA; MSc in Management; MA in Education; Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management
Summary of qualifications
MSc in Project Management: Lancaster University 2000, PG Certificate in Coaching: Lancaster University Management School - 2008, PG Certificate in Academic Practice: Lancaster University, CELT - 2008, PG Certificate in Management: Lancaster University Management School - 1998, Master Practitioner of NLP, TLT and Hypnosis, Qualified practitioner in the following psychometric tools: MBTI; 16pf; LifO, British Psychological Society Certificate of Competence in Psychomteric Testing, Transactional Analysis (TA101)
Member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) since 2008, Full Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM) since 2000; membership number R12274, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) since 2008
Stuart Hunt Ltd
Stuart Hunt has worked almost exclusively in the HE sector for the last 25 years as a development advisor and consultant, and has been independent since 2006.
He specialises in the areas of Communication and Conflict Management, Leading Change and Personal Resilience, as well as Leadership and Team development.
Examples of recent projects Stuart has been involved include:
- Providing workshops for all academic leaders and professors at the University of Bristol in facilitating Academic Staff Review
- A series of Leadership programmes for all the course leaders at Southampton Solent University
- Working with three tiers of leaders and managers in the Faculty of Health and Medicine at the University of Manchester, to support Leadership and Cultural Change initiatives
- A series of workshops at the University of Wolverhampton for all their senior leaders reviewing approaches to Agreeing Objectives
- Developing and co-leading the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education’s first ‘blended’ national programme, Transition to Leadership. (He has been a key associate of the LFHE since its inception in 2004).
Previously, Stuart was working as the Management Development Manager at the University of Central Lancashire, where he was the project leader for a series of major cultural, leadership and organisational change programmes. Prior to his work at the University, Stuart spent time as a freelance training consultant, and in his early career has worked with young people, in local government and in the voluntary housing sector as a training officer.
Stuart is accredited to administer the MBTI Steps I and II.
Stuart can be contacted on 01524 388492
Andrew Scott is a highly experienced Development Consultant, working independently since 1988.
He works with creativity and flair to enthuse people about learning and change. He has particular skills in leadership and career development coaching, in the facilitation of groups experiencing difficulties or major challenges in their work, and in working with individuals and organisations who are striving for exceptional results such as rapid and dramatic growth. He also draws from a wide range of interests - from his practical experience as a director of a Swimming Pool to his private interests in philosophy and music - to inform his work in stimulating ways.
Typical Interventions in which Andrew has been involved are
- A series of Influencing Skills programmes to senior managers in Nationwide Building Society and Zurich Financial Services.
- Working with Pubmaster on the design and implementation of an innovative development programme for the Executive and the Senior Management Teams.
- Supporting a major change initiative at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, providing Coaching for Executive Board members, senior academic leaders, and support staff at all levels, including use of 360 feedback where appropriate and customised awaydays for key teams.
- Designing and running a process to re-focus and re-build trust in a long-term partnership of five organisations (both public and private sector) which had started to stall.
- A number of individual coaching assignments focusing on career and potential development with executives in a range of organisations from a Police Force to a Regional Regeneration Organisation.
He has worked with teams and individuals at all levels in organizations ranging from universities to the Police, and Financial Services to Manufacturing and fmcg. His current interests are exploring the ways in which we construct narratives to make sense of experience (for good or for ill); and persuading clients that a day’s walking in the Lake District is more likely to lead to breakthrough thinking than a week’s sitting in an office.
Andrew has an MA (Oxon), is MBTI Qualified and is Member of Institute of Directors.
Ruth held a variety of senior management and leadership roles in UK higher education organisations, and was Pro Vice Chancellor: Student Experience at the University of Cumbria until 2010.
Ruth has extensive experience of strategic leadership and direct management of a range of professional services, including libraries and learning resource centres, IT, student services, estates, facilities management and student administration.
Ruth has over 25 years' experience of managing multi-million pound budgets, large professional service departments, change management, restructuring, new build projects and organisational and service amalgamations.
Ruth established her own business in early 2010 with a focus on executive coaching and leadership development and has since worked with clients from over 35 universities and higher education organisations as an action learning facilitator for national leadership programmes and as an executive coach and mentor.
Ruth’s clients have included middle and senior academic and professional service managers and leaders in a wide variety of UK and Irish universities.
Ruth’s focus is on enhancing the performance of her clients by supporting their self-development, self-confidence, resilience and capability to meet the current and future challenges which their organisation and the HE sector in general is facing.
Coaching themes with clients have included :
- Preparing for promotion, assessing and coping with the challenges of a new leadership role
- Managing and dealing with major change (organisational and personal)
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Moving from the operational to the more strategic
- Developing influencing
- Negotiating and networking skills
- Making a difference and being seen to do so
- Dealing with redundancy and preparing for retirement
- Overcoming cultural challenges for speakers of English as a second (or third ) language
- Working with women in higher education leadership roles seeking promotion to the top team.
As well as part of Advanced Learning Associates, Ruth is an Associate of the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, has worked on the Top Management Programme (TMP) as Action Learning Facilitator and Executive Coach and on the Academic Leaders' Programme for Durham and Newcastle Universities.
MSc. Management, PG Dip Librarianship, PG Cert Business and Personal Coaching, Member of the Association for Coaching, The European Mentoring and Coaching Council, and Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management.